Saturday, August 4, 2012

Recipe #2!

 This is also an all star.  I haven't made this for Book Club but I think you will love this.  This is one of the best things I ever ate.  The recipe comes from my mother but she did not write it.  This recipe uses zucchini but makes it taste just like hot baked apples!  I think this could also be baked in a pie crust if you want to get creative.  I took the picture after we all tore this up at a dinner party!  I opted not to peel the zucchini as the recipe suggested.



Zucchini Crisp

8 Cups cubed peeled zucchini
¾ Cup lemon juice
½  Cup sugar
2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg

Topping
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup old-fashioned oats
1 Cup all-purpose flour
2/3 Cup cold butter or margarine  (can also use 1 stick and it will be fine)

In a bowl, combine the zucchini, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg: mix well.
Pour into a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking dish.

For topping, combine brown sugar, oats, and flour in a bowl;  cut in butter until crumbly.  Sprinkle over the zucchini mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and the zucchini is tender.  Serves 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment